The Tall Poppy Campaign was created in 1998 by the Australian Institute of Policy and Science (AIPS) to recognise and celebrate Australian intellectual and scientific excellence and to encourage younger Australians to follow in the footsteps of our outstanding achievers. It has made significant achievements towards building a more publicly engaged scientific leadership in Australia.
The Tall Poppy Campaign recognises the achievements of Australian scientists through the prestigious annual Young Tall Poppy Science Awards. The Campaign’s Tall Poppies engages the winners of Young Tall Poppy Science Awards (‘Tall Poppies’) in activities to promote interest in science among school students and teachers, as well as an understanding and appreciation of science in the broader community.
2019 Award Ceremonies
Details on dates and events for each state and territory in 2019
- South Australia – 29th July
- Northern Territory – 10th August
- New South Wales – 15th August
- Australian Capital Territory – 3rd September
- Victoria – 10th September (TBC)
- Queensland – 13th September
- Western Australia – 19th September
- Tasmania – 15th October